This special episode is part of the Morning Mindset Club Series, in which we invite you to join me in my morning ritual that I use to set my day up for success. We’re kicking this series off by taking you into one of my favorite texts, Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.
Today, we’ll be diving back into the story of Edwin C. Barnes, the man who thought himself into partnership with the great Thomas Edison. We’re also going to look at another interesting story, which is behind the common phrase “three feet from gold,” and talking about what we can learn from this tale of missed opportunity.
If you would like to join the Morning Mindset Club, and get a short audio lesson, a mastery check-in, and a quick daily implementation practice, please go to https://theunstoppablewoman.com/mindsetclub/. There is no monetary charge to join. There is, however, a cost. ;-) You must have the DESIRE to grow and become more, you must love to learn, have an open mind, give it your attention, and commit. Ready??? Let’s go!
What To Listen For
- Initiative, faith, and the will to win
- Opportunity disguised as misfortune or temporary defeat
- Turning around your greatest failures, mistakes, and setbacks
- Temporary defeat can remain permanent – Only if you let it!
- The importance of learning sales
- Where money comes from
- Barnes’ massive sales success
- Three feet from gold
- Stopping and giving up are habits – that can be broken!
- Darby’s gold fever
- Soliciting investments
- A dried-up vein
- Selling everything to a junkman and going home
- What happened next (Spoiler, the junkman triumphs – Listen to learn how!)
- Not the end of darby’s story – Because he LEARNED from his mistake
- A 50 cent lesson in persistence
- The power of knowing you HAVE to succeed
- Agreeing with objections
- A story from my own high school days
- When riches come
- Success comes to those who become success conscious
- The object of this book
- How to achieve a success consciousness
- A huge thing that stops people
- Making the decision to accept the truth
- Committing to growth
- My questions for you
Check out our free resources for listeners
Join our Facebook Group
Join us at the Unstoppable Woman Summit
Join the Morning Mindset Club