To move through trauma to growth, you first have to name what’s happening to you AS trauma, and get real about exactly what that means. The truth is, trauma doesn’t have to be a life sentence! But that doesn’t mean you can go into trauma denial and just choose to avoid the pain (psst—this will backfire!) Listen in to my interview with trauma therapist Britt Frank to learn all about what to do when this comes up for you and starts to affect your business, so you can learn how to get your trauma to work for you rather than against you!
What To Listen For
- Intro [0:00]
- Trauma is not a synonym for an excuse to stay where you are [5:12]
- A trauma therapist’s take on how to approach your goals and build momentum in your business [8:50]
- Myths about exposure therapy (including one I believed before this interview!) [20:20]
- How to create safety [30:56]
- How Britt provided a source of just a few – but important – details about mental health [35:04]
- Final Questions & Wrap-up [37:38]
About Britt Frank:
Britt Frank is psychotherapist, trauma specialist, and author of The Science of Stuck: Breaking Through Inertia to Find Your Path Forward. She received her BA from Duke University and her MSW from The University of Kansas.
She speaks and writes widely about the mental health myths that keep us stuck and stressed. Her work focuses on empowering people to understand the inner mechanisms of their brains and bodies.
Find Britt At: